Sunday, September 25, 2011

Reminiscences of MAYA

Mahine beet Gaye lekin tadap kam nahin hui (It’s been months but the yearning hasn’t reduced)
The moment I saw MAYA, I knew who I wanted to spend the rest of my life with but after that day, the un-fateful day when I got HR to see MAYA; I wanted to stay away from her as much as I could. If you ask me why, I have no answer. In fact I stopped meeting HR as well, if only I could realize what was happening to me I would have done something about it but ...
(Read thisthis and this to know more about MAYA)
As much as I loved her, I wanted to run from her as fast and as quick as I could, but then I couldn’t. Maya was implanted in me and there was no way I could avoid her, the more I tried to stay away from her, the more I wanted to be with her and all of this was not helping me. At one point I wanted to leave all this pain and move ahead but I couldn’t, not before I acknowledged my love to her and now, I seriously I didn’t care if she accepted me or not.
Our classes were gonna end very soon and we would have parted without any interaction, my brain said that it was the best thing to happen to both of us, no ugly mess, no bad feeling just the pain of parting someone u love so dearly. But the heart, I had lost control on it; it was making me do things I never wanted to. I knew that for MAYA, I was just wallpaper who nobody notices till it starts to peel off and I was peeling off. My actions would sure have got her attention but never in the good light.
Finally it was the last day of our college, and our final get together wherein I would get to see MAYA for the last time. Though I hated HR for screwing up my brains, but he was my best friend after all and who better than him to take along.
As in all the parties, people were meeting, speaking, clicking pics, signing autograph books but my eyes were searching for MAYA, for I had decided that I would tell her everything I felt about her, tell her of how I had been devastated in love and was unable to get over her and finally I did see her. I noticed her ear-rings first, then the waft of hair on her face and how she used her thumb and fore-finger to push her hair back. Her sight caused me to stand still, I couldn’t react and suddenly I saw she was looking at me. My heart was running faster and I thought I would die if I stood there anymore, and suddenly she smiled at me.
I froze, couldn’t react and then I heard someone say my name, it was HR, asking me if I was ok, and then that very moment I realized that I cannot speak to MAYA, not now, not tomorrow, never.
As they say, some names just end up being your password for life and that’s what has happened to me.

15 comments:

  1. Some crushes, some love are meant to b frozen in time, left unspoken, unexpressed!!!

    Nice conclusion...but I'll miss reading the MAYA series for sure...

    Waiting for your next Blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Vikas...you expressed it so well.

    Each and every line is really touching:).
    The pain is really felt when reading through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice.. I stopped for a while, after reading the line, wherein u have compared urself wid wall paper.. Very well portrayed... Keep it up!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I speak a lot,but for this piece, no words. Nicely written. All of us once in life goes through this kind of situations, and you have expressed it so nicely. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Ritu : Bahane
    @Arpita : So u too have a password as someone's name :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey vikas

    i insist u better change ur profile.. its amazing .. thanx for sharing vikas.. waiting for the post.. cheersss .. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. @jyoti : Profile :P, maybe once i get the depth in my writing i ll :) and Thx as always ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. nahi re vikas, i love my self,yes i did like, but he never liked me. I dont have good writing skills like you, so better i love myself. I am not made for love shuv, i am here to live as a good daughter, and i am working on that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So I am not alone here. The high point of your story is : password! :D

    Quite a heartfelt show! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such are the people the world knows as "Hopeless Romantiks"

      Delete
  10. Its really a well written piece. Great work. all the best
    please read my post too and dont forget...promote it :-)
    http://www.indiblogger.in/indipost.php?post=295492

    ReplyDelete